Brentwood Community Council addressing crowds at Brentwood Farmers Market
By Sam Catanzaro
Community leaders are addressing COVID-19 guidelines at Brentwood Farmers Market, telling patrons to not use the market as a place to gather and socialize.
The Brentwood Farmers Market takes place Sundays from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 741 Gretna Green Way. Back in March, photos posted to Twitter from the Market showed people packed on the streets, prompting Katherine Schwarzenegger to speak out and eventually leading to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to temporarily shut down all Farmers Markets in the city.
In April, the Brentwood Farmers Market reopened with new COVID-19 safety measures in place. Now in November with COVID-19 cases rising in Los Angeles County again, the Brentwood Community Council is reminding Farmers Market patrons to follow COVID-19 guidelines.
“With the spike in COVID-19 cases this month, we’d like to address complaints about folks attending the Farmers Market. The Market has done a great job on safety, but they can’t have eyes on every person at all times, so we make this caring request,” the Brentwood Commmunity Council said in a recent email newsletter. Please do not use the Farmers Market as a place to gather and socialize when you are inside the actual Market. The number of people who are allowed into the Market at any given time has been limited due to Covid, so please enter, shop and depart – which then allows other neighbors to enter the Market.
According to the BCC, the following rules apply when shopping at the Brentwood Farmers Market.
1. Wear Masks at All Times and enter/exit the Market at the appropriate locations.
2. Download the Venmo App to your mobile phone to avoid handling cash – All Vendors Have Been Required to Offer this Option, if a Vendor doesn’t offer it, let the Farmers Market know
3. Social distance of 6 feet from others and don’t be shy about kindly asking others to remain distanced
4. If a vendor isn’t carefully distancing customers at their booth, ask them to form a line or space people so you can purchase from their booth
5. Wash everything purchased at the market when you get home.