DWP is nearing its completion of a new power circuit for Brentwood. The work has spanned almost two years, and involved replacing lines above ground, cables below ground, installing new poles throughout Mandeville Canyon and also three new vaults below ground on Bristol Court. Residents of Brentwood Hills, MCA, and UMCA, as well as Brentwood Park, have tolerated the majority of impacts due to the upgrade activities.
There are still a few key remaining pieces of work, which need to be completed before the holidays set in. With the cooler temperatures (lower demand for air conditiong) it’s an ideal time to perform the final upgrades. The sooner we get the additional power circuit for Brentwood, the more capacity and flexibility we will have, and the more reliable the power will be for all residents of 90049.
The remaining work will take place at the intersection of Sunset and Bundy, Nov. 12-21. Much of the work will take place after midnight, so as not to exacerbate the Sunset traffic problems. The two exceptions to that are Saturday, Nov. 14 and Thursday, Nov. 19.
Sunset Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction during these work periods, so plan accordingly for Saturday Nov. 14 and Thursday, Nov. 19, which must occur during daylight hours.
The detailed work and work periods are below:
- Thursday, November 12, 2015, 12 a.m. – 6 a.m., start cable splicing at manhole 12192 Sunset Boulevard
- Saturday, November 14, 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., remove and install cable at manhole 12192 Sunset Boulevard to pole 377195M located east side of Kenter Avenue north of Sunset Boulevard
- Tuesday, November 17, 12 a.m. – 6 a.m., complete cable splicing in manhole 12192 Sunset Boulevard
- Wednesday, November 18, 12 a.m. – 6 a.m. complete cable splicing in manhole 12192 Sunset Boulevard
- Thursday, November 19, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., complete splicing on pole located on Kenter Avenue east of Sunset Boulevard